We are having a serious love affair with floral crowns right now! Perfect in time for festival season. If you are planning an outdoor festival-themed wedding, check out this budget-busting tutorial for DIY flower headbands.
Essentials: Wire Cutter, Scissors, Hot Glue Gun, Measuring Tape, Gloves, Thick & Thin Wire, Shears and most importantly flowers to match your wedding palette!
DIY How To:
- Measure the circumference of your head
- Choose your wire and cut about two inches longer than the measured circumference of your head
- Make a circle with your wire (12-gauge recommended for stability) and bend the ends so they fit together like a hook and eye
- Prepare your flowers by trimming the stems to around 2-3 inches
- Start at one side of the center and secure your flower by using tape or thin wire
- Continue to secure your flowers in the same fashion
- Once you have finished the sides, decide on a focal point for the center of your crown
- Fill in the gaps with smaller flowers or green foliage
- Secure the ends with basic wire or tape and add ribbon if you wish
Make sure to secure your crown with bobby pins so it stays in place all day. We love this Flower Crown YouTube Tutorial from Charisma Star.
Image Credit: Buzzfeed.