Can you tell we are a bit ginger obsessed here at WeddingDates HQ?! The crew descended on Crosshaven, Co Cork last Saturday for the one and only Irish Redhead Convention 2015. And we were super excited as we rounded the corner and were greeted with a sea of gorgeous ginger manes!
Armed with our trusty WeddingDates hand. We meant business. Our lovely CEO Ciara Crossan officially helped select this year’s King & Queen of the Redheads and the foxy fest continued to The Oar Bar later in the evening as we sponsored the fabulous Ginger Speed Dating, which of course went down a storm! We had an absolute blast on our day out and took loads of snaps so we could share all our shenanigans with you. Could we have paired our first ever WeddingDates redhead couple? Watch this space.
The Winners – Fun Facts
- The winner of Best Beard once found a piece of pizza nestled in his facial hair two days after he had consumed it. Yes, you heard right. Two days!
- Winner of Youngest Redhead – Little Felix aged 13 weeks old and proudly sporting his county colours in a mini Dublin GAA jersey. Adorable!
- The longest locks was a spectacular 101cm long. Pretty impressive if we do say so.
- Most freckles per square inch was a tough category to judge. A lady from Belgium officially nabbed the title.
- 13 month old Finbarr was crowned winner of the most Porcelain Skin. What a little angle!
- Best Redhead Mum all the way from Co Clare was Charlotte Lynch. Her kids say she gives the best hugs. So sweet!
- Laura-May the 2014 Redhead Queen proudly awarded her grandfather with the title of Best Redhead Grandad.
- King of the Redheads Alan had the most hysterical hair ever and he even uses an afro comb to tame his mane! While 2015’s Redhead Queen was the stunning Grainne from Fermoy, Co Cork who admits she has many redhead frenemies.