If you’re just engaged, you’re probably only just beginning to imagine how your big day will actually look. Here is a little month-by-month breakdown of how your wedding checklist should pan out – trust us, this year will fly by!
12 or More Months Before
- Imagine your big day and come up with your wedding budget.
- Recruit your bridal party – those who will help you plan the day.
- Consider hiring a wedding planner.
- Choose a wedding date and find a venue (these can sometimes go hand-in-hand)
- Start planning your guest list.
- Have an engagement party or celebrate as a couple.
- Begin looking for your wedding dress.
- Consider wedding food – go for tasting.
- Decide on wedding entertainment: DJ? Wedding band?
- Begin to plan floral décor.
- Look up favours and décor.
- Book any ceremony music.
- Find bridesmaid outfits.
- Begin planning Honeymoon – this is optional.
- Start planning stationery.
- Book any pre wedding counseling – if required for ceremony.
- Order invites.
- Order wedding bands.
- Find groom’s formalwear.
- Check if passports and driver’s licence is in date.
- Order your wedding cake.
- Plan or attend your hen party.
- Go through make-up and hair trial (tip: why not plan this on the same day as your hen night?)
- Find wedding-day transport.
- Send out all invitations.
- Come up with wedding vows.
- Pick out favours for your bridal party.
- Have a dress rehearsal if needed.
- Let your reception know which suppliers will also be eating at your reception.
- Review your RSVPs and follow up with anyone who hasn’t responded.
- Go for any final fittings.
- Have formal wear steamed if needed.
- Organise tips for any wedding suppliers.
- Put together your bridal emergency kit.
- Recheck your to-do list and remove anything you won’t get done on time.