1. Hi Cliona, tell us what is it about the Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa Cork that makes it the ideal wedding venue?
There are a number of reasons as to why The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork makes the ideal wedding venue; firstly the dedicated, professional & experienced team who will ensure that your big day runs seamlessly. Secondly our sumptuous food which is prepared under the supervision of our Award Wining Chef James Rendell & last but certainly not least the Radisson is a fantastic wedding venue – the elegant & contemporary style of the new build hotel marries perfectly with the old world charm of Ditchley House, a listed 18th Century Victorian Building, which is one of the options for the arrivals drinks reception.
2. What one piece of advice would you give to a bride on the morning of her wedding?
Keep calm & trust in your wedding venue to deliver a dream wedding & above all enjoy the day!
3. What type of wedding packages are offered at the Radisson?
Packages start form €40.00 per person & for weddings that have 150 or more guests we offer the following compliments of the Hotel:
- Jazz Band for the arrivals drinks reception
- Complimentary Sparkling Wine Reception or mulled wine & mince pies
- Complimentary Bar Extension
- 3 Fairylight Backdrops
- Two complimentary business class bedrooms for the night of the wedding
- Complimentary Evening Menu 1 when you choose a set menu or a minimum of three course form the A La Carte Menu
4. What are your favourite wedding trends of the year so far?
Memory Table – A table that is filled with photos of loved ones, it could be grandparents that may no longer be with them or simply the Bride & Grooms parents on their wedding day – It’s a really nice touch I think & it gives couple the chance to remember family members of friends who may not be with them on the day!
5. Can you give us some examples of a wedding menu you might find at the hotel.
We offer both Set Menus & an A La Carte Menu, below is a sample of one of our more popular Set Menus, –
Menu 3 – €50.00 per person.
Chicken, Smoked Bacon & Leek Wrapped in Puff Pastry with a White Wine and Chive Veloute
Soup Cream of Vegetable, Herb Croutons
Main: Roast Sirloin of Beef, Roast Chateaux Potatoes, Whiskey & Cracked Black Pepper Cream Sauce
Baked Fillet of Cod with a Soft Herb Crust, with Fennel & Plum Tomato Fondue, Asparagus Spears and Rocket Pesto
Chefs Dessert Plate
6. What do you enjoy to do when you aren’t planning weddings?
When I’m not planning my own Wedding, I love nothing more than just relaxing with my 3yr old girl Niamh!
7. What is your favourite wedding cake flavour?
8. If you could describe the Radisson BLU Hotel & Spa Cork in three words they would be. . .
Luxurious, Elegant & Experienced