Whether you’re tying the knot for the very first time or taking another trip to the altar, every couple deserves to feel like royalty on their special day. But, creating the day of your dreams can be tricky no matter the circumstances. Traditional or more alternative, there are a few important tips to keep in mind when beginning your plans for the big day ahead. The experts at the ever-charming Old Ground Hotel have shared a few key tips for any brides and grooms-to-be to keep in mind…
- Be guided by those in the wedding business. Your wedding photographer can tell you which flowers will appear best, and your hotel wedding co-ordinator will know which band has everyone on the dance floor all night!
- Do ask your hotel wedding co-ordinator should be your trusted expert during the planning stage. When meeting them, talk about what it is you really want. Maybe it’s not having the traditional sit-down five-course dinner but instead having a more relaxed buffet. Or having an intimate dinner with some music afterwards in the adjoining lounge. They are best placed to tell you what you can and can’t make work with your wedding budget.
- Don’t set un-necessary targets for yourself. Eliminate those things like making fudge for the favours the day before your wedding! Cross it off the list now!
- The weather! Our climate is our climate – it may rain. Get some fab umbrellas and delegate responsibility to a reliable male so that the wedding party is covered when needed!
- Leave nothing ‘til the morning of the wedding.
- Enjoy being with your loved ones, and turn up stress-free to tie the knot.
Steeped in history and tradition, The Old Ground Hotel in Ennis combines the warmth of a country house with the luxury of a contemporary Irish hotel. Located in the heart of Ennis, with an immaculate private garden providing an enchanting backdrop for photos, it is the ideal venue for second-time weddings.
For the more mature, second-time round couple who want a place to gather with family and close friends to celebrate their wedding, The Old Ground has the perfect Ballroom, with a comfortable and contemporary lounge which is ideal for a reception on arrival and for post-dinner drinks and entertainment. Elegant and recently refurbished, the Ballroom offers a luxurious and contemporary space with it’s rich, soft colour scheme and furnishings. The room sees panelling in a soft grey tone to complement the rich golden, embossed wallpaper, with plush ceiling to floor velvet curtains, luxuriously soft carpet, crushed velvet upholstery on couches and chairs and fringed velvet cushions providing a luxurious, yet comfortable space for your wedding celebration. Elegant chandeliers, tall table lamps with suede shades, leather upholstered cocktail style high stools and an ice-grey marble-topped bar counter add the contemporary elements to this magnificent room.
The Old Ground’s food offering compliments the banqueting suite perfectly, with sumptuous local produce such as Burren lamb and the best of seafood caught on the Clare coast, carefully prepared by the Head Chef and his team. Over the years, countless brides and grooms have chosen to let the team at The Old Ground Hotel take care of them on their wedding day. The team is committed to ensuring that every detail is executed to absolute perfection. With it’s old world charm, welcoming atmosphere and home away from home feel, second-time wedding couples are guaranteed a day to remember by choosing The Old Ground Hotel for their celebration.
Check availability for the Old Ground Hotel here.