Who doesn’t love cocktails? So many events have caught on to the trend of signature cocktails recently. Loads of weddings now feature signature cocktails to represent the bride and grooms personalities and favourite tipples.
Why wait until the wedding to experiment with your cocktail tasting skills, have a bit of fun at the bridal shower. You could even take a cocktail making class as an activity for your hen. We have picked two of our favourite cocktail recipes below, to get you started…
Lemongrass Gin & Tonic
~ via aida mollencamp
- 1 cup Gin
- 1 medium lime peel (removed with a peeler – with as little white pith as possible)
- 2 medium lemongrass stalks trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1/2 medium lime
- ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces Lemongrass Gin
- 3 ounces chilled tonic water
- Lemongrass stalk, end of lime, and mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- For the Lemongrass Gin: Combine 1 cup of the gin with the whole lime peel, and the 2 cut-up lemongrass stalks in a jar or resealable airtight container. Close, shake well and place in a warm dark place until well flavored with lemongrass, about 24 hours.
- For the Lemongrass Gin and Tonic: Take a balloon gin glass or a tall Tom Collins glass and squeeze in the juice of half the lime. Add ice cubes to fill the add in 1 1/2 ounces of the Lemongrass Gin and 3 ounces of the tonic water. Garnish with an additional stalk of lemongrass a slice of lime or a few mint leaves, as desired.
Skinny Blueberry Vodka Mojito
~ via Picklee
- 2 oz vodka (optional: use blueberry vodka for even more flavor)
- 4 oz. Sprite zero
- 2 sprigs fresh mint (reserve on sprig for garnish)
- 1 tbsp fresh blueberries (reserve a few for garnish)
Muddle vodka, mint and blueberries together in a shaker. Add one cup of crushed ice and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE! Pour into a cocktail glass and top with Sprite Zero, garnish with remaining min & blueberries!
Let us know what your favourite cocktail is in the comments below.