I’m always looking for quirky ways to get out there and promote weddingdates.ie and get the brand out there to a larger audience. So, with the biggest race meeting in Ireland coming up attracting tens of thousands of visitors and fabulously dressed ladies sporting even more fantastic hats, I thought – what the hell, I HAVE to give this a shot!
No regular old hat would do me – I wanted something with a bit of pizazz, something that would stand out from the crowd and really scream wedding. And so we set about the task of making my hat….. The night before the Galway Races! Surprisingly, it turned out brilliantly, and with the help of industrial glue/cement – it managed to stay up and on my head for the whole day.
Wedding Hats/Fascinators are back in vogue and in my opinion are a little under-rated…I love hats! Check out these links for some ideas for hats for weddings and Irish suppliers where you can locate them.
- Dublin-based Hat Shop Mad Hatter Hat
- Shop for second-hand hats on eBay
- Selection of Fascinators & Hats that won’t break the bank in Debenhams
- Irish Milliner, Kathleen McAuliffe designs hats and also stocks Philip Treacy Hats in her Dingle Store.
- Milliner in Mayo, Lisa Stein has some really funky and unusual creations
- Couture Millinary and Bespoke pieces from Kilkenny-based Linda McKay
- Creative? Why not make your own piece?! Craft shops have feathers etc that you need and the base Sinamay pieces can be bought from Irish Retailer Beads And Bling
What about you guys? Your opinions on hats for weddings? Leave your response in the comments!