With many of us stuck inside, working from home or even home schooling our children, it’s only right we treat ourselves every now and again.
That’s why we bring you a very simple, easy-to-make Kinder Bueno Cheesecake. It’s so simple that one of our interns made it for his fathers quarantine birthday!
- 300 g Digestive Biscuits (use those McVities if you can!)
- 150 g Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 500 g Cream Cheese (Philadelphia works a treat!)
- 100 g Icing Sugar
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 250 g Kinder Chocolate (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (it actually makes a huge difference)
Decoration (absolutely optional!)
- 150 ml Double Cream w/ 2 tbsp of icing sugar
- 50 g Kinder Chocolate (melted)
- 4 Individual Kinder Bueno Bars (chopped)
Start with the Cheesecake Base
- Melt the 150 g butter using your microwave in short bursts – crush up your digestives to a small crumb, pour in your melted butter, and mix it up with the digestive base until it’s combined well.
- Pop it all into a 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin and press down firmly – leave it to the chill out in the fridge while you do the rest!
Continue onto the Cheesecake Filling
- Melt the Kinder Chocolate in the microwave in short bursts until fully melted – leave to cool slightly before moving on.
- Whisk the Cream Cheese, Icing sugar and Vanilla and pour in the melted Kinder Chocolate and whisk again till smooth.
- Pour in the double cream (liquid) and continue to whip until it is starts to thicken. It doesn’t take very long to thicken as the melted kinder chocolate hardens quickly.
- Pour the mix on to the biscuit base, smooth over, cover, and chill in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours hours or preferably overnight.
To decorate the Cheesecake, if you want to…
- Decorate by drizzling over some melted chocolate, some whipped up cream (double cream w/ icing sugar) and a block of Kinder Bueno for each slice!
Beyond just serving the perfect sweet treat, why not go the extra mile when setting up the table. Lay down some tablecloth or place mats, and flowers in order to sweeten everyone up during lockdown!
Images sourced from Jane’s Patisserie