The month before your wedding is probably hands down the most hectic time you will encounter in your life! All those last minute tasks such as finalising the guest list, organising your table plan and picking out extra decor can be super stressful.
We spoke with Kerry Foreman, Events Manager at the Springhill Court Hotel, who gave us some expert advice to help keep you calm and ensure you enjoy every moment.
“Nerves can be worse in the lead up rather than on the day. Just remember you’re in good hands. If you have any concerns about anything on the day talk to your wedding planner or a member of management. We will look after everything for you!” Here are the most important things to remember:
- Everyone will have an opinion but remember its your day!
- Have a look at things that you might not have considered originally.
- Talk to friends and family for any last minute recommendations.
- Go with your heart. If you fall in love with something and it’s still within your budget, go with it.
- Ask lots of questions, we want to hear about your ideas and help you iron out the final details.
- There is no such thing as a ‘silly question’ – that’s what we are here for – to help you work out all the small pieces to make the big piece work
Meet with your venue to finalise details
Your wedding will be in safe hands at the Springhill Court hotel, stress-free planning for the happy couple is a top priority. “Knowing that we have everything covered on the day and with over 40 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge. Our full attention will be on you with no other large functions on the day of your wedding. All eyes are on you.”
Watch Out For Last Minute Trends
You might want to include some emerging trends that don’t require a lot of effort. These have been really popular in recent months.
- Message boxes
- Different boxes to be opened over the years; first anniversary, tenth, fiftieth etc.
- Pin & brooch bouquets.
- Stepping away from tradition, we love to see a couple having fun!
Organisation is key
- Delegate as much as possible. Sort out payments and nominate someone to distribute these on your behalf.
- Keep a notebook in your handbag, when you think of stuff write it down.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help, if you’re not sure of something ask.
- Remember all of your suppliers do this as their job and can give you expert advice.
Relax On The Day
“To be honest with such a great team at the Springhill Court Hotel, I don’t have a lot to worry about on the day. I like to be well organised beforehand so on the day I’m just double-checking everything.
“We start with the morning meeting where all details are reviewed once again with the relevant senior heads of department. Then I’ll have a walk around the hotel, checking every little detail. Walking the hotel as the couple will later in the day will raise any red flags. Once the ballroom is completely set I will check it again and make any changes I feel are needed. This could be anything from moving tables around to simply straightening candles. The best bit is walking the couple into the ballroom before dinner and seeing their faces light up!
“The recent renovations at the hotel really wow couples when they come in. The Paddock bar has been completely renovated as has the bridal suite. With the lobby almost complete everyone is getting a real surprise when they walk into the Springhill Hotel.”
Image Credits: Wedding Chicks.