Already thinking of how you’re going to spoil your loved one leading up to Valentine’s Day 2017?
Even if you’re not – romance shouldn’t be focused around just one day of the year! You want to show your other half that they are special to you every day of the year. Surprise them when they least expect it with simple, yet heartfelt, romantic surprises. Here are some seriously sweet gift ideas to help you be the best partner you can be in 2017…
Handwritten Love Notes
Find it hard to say romantic things face-to-face? In the age of smartphones, doing things by hand has become even more special. A handwritten love note, written card, or love letter, is a great way to let someone know that you’re thinking of them.
- Keep the suspense alive. Leave the love note in a coat pocket or on the bed for them to find when you are not around and when they least expect it.
- Try to make the note truly personal. “I love you because…” is a great place to start.
- Write them a note when they need it the most, offering some much-needed courage and support during difficult times.
- Feeling poetic? What about going with a rhyming couplet or witty limerick instead?
- These are some great BuzzFeed tips on love letter writing.
Send Them Flowers. Just Because…
Flowers have always been synonymous with romance. Beautiful and delicate, they are the ultimate romantic gift. The best flowers are the ones that say “just because” – but make sure the flowers you choose have the correct meaning!
- Sending a lovely and unique bouquet is a great way to brighten up your partner’s day.
- Pushed for time? You can now send flowers online in an instant, with minimal hassle and fuss. Sending flowers is easy to do, but it says so much.
- Try something different with an added wow factor that they would not buy themselves down the shops (like the Bloom Magic Florist Parisian hatbox pictured below).
- Find out their favourite colour or scent and always include a personalized note.
Stay-At-Home Pamper Session
Offer up your services as an in-house hostess with the mostess for the night. Get to know what your partner likes to have to hand when they relax, and set them up for a night of romantic indulgence.
- You could go for sensual massages and a hot bath, or a night spent in front of the TV with treats and some of your favourite movies.
- Set the mood with the right type of music and lighting. Make an effort to tidy up the place and create your own oasis of calm.
- Make it clear that tonight is all about ‘them’ and that you want to cater to their every whim.
Do Something Fun Together
Yes, we’d all like to be whisked off to the Maldives… But a surprise trip to a local attraction will just have to do in the meantime.
- Make new memories by snapping photos, laughing and talking.
- This present is all about giving the gift of time – you don’t have to do anything fancy. Just be together somewhere new and enjoy the journey of discovery together.
Because we all love being a big kid every now and then, don’t we? A lovely reminder of their childhood is a great way to show your other half that you listen. Give them a present as a reminder of a funny story they love to tell, a relative who they miss, a place that’s special to them, or a childhood treat they just can’t get enough of.
- Are they fond of a special location? Collect memories such as sea shells from the area and fashion them into a memory collage. Or why not commission a piece of unique artwork or create a photo memory book that they will treasure for years to come.
- Buy them a childhood book or treat that takes them back to their youth. Extra bonus points for stuff you can’t easily buy!
Geared up for a romantic Valentine’s Day? Got another fabulous gift idea? Share your thoughts with us!